Amazing Psychology Experiments 5 Interesting and Engaging Social Psychology Studies to Learn More About Human Nature
UPDATE: All videos in this course now have English subtitles.
Join over 7,000 other students in learning about exciting psychology research!
This is the course for you if you’ve ever desired an easy method to start learning about psychology.
In this online course, you’ll learn about five psychological research and how their findings reveal important facts about human thought and behavior.
The research in this course reveals…
how can we persuade someone to do what we want without even presenting strong explanations why rewarding some kids for their intelligence vs. their hard work drastically improved their test scores?
why persons who held a hot cup of coffee rather than an iced coffee assumed a stranger was especially generous and caring…and more!
Experiments that are carefully constructed can teach us a lot about the decisions we make, how we behave, and why we think the way we do. I’m a social psychologist, and I considered which studies piqued my interest early in my education and which remain my present favorites. I even asked my colleagues what studies had most inspired them and were crucial for everyone to be aware of.
So sign up for this entertaining beginning course and see how a simple study in psychology reveals surprising truths about the human mind and behavior!
This course provides a particular selection of lectures on social psychology experiments. For a more advanced course, please see “Quickly Understand Social Psychology,” which is available on Udemy.
What you’ll discover
- Discover how small changes can make a tremendous difference in learning, liking, judgment, and perception.
- To achieve your personal goals and desires, conduct a psychological study.
- Consider how actual psychology research can be used to solve today’s huge problems.
Are there any course prerequisites or requirements?
- A receptivity to unexpected psychological research findings.
- A desire to comprehend the big picture by applying specific research findings to a range of scenarios.
- You don’t need any prior knowledge of psychology.
- Who should take this course: People whose occupations need them to interact with others. Employees in retail, service and customer service can benefit from learning more about human nature.
- Speakers, trainers, and authors that want to better understand their audiences and how to help them handle pressing issues.
- Coaches and counselors who need to better comprehend their customers’ difficulties.
- People who want to learn more about psychology.